Roofs are the most important part of your home, so if your roof is damaged, a roof replacement is a priority.
Most shingled roofs have a life expectancy of 15-25 years depending on climate, shingle color, weight of the shingle, pitch of the roof, and even how well your attic is ventilated. Your roof is the most important part of your home, so if yours is damaged, getting a roof replacement is a priority.
Need a Roof Replacement?
What should you look for when inspecting your roof?
The National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) recommends you do a roof inspection at least two times a year — spring and fall. The best place to begin is inside your house — grab a flashlight and make a trip to the attic.
Here are six things to look for on the inside, when considering a roof replacement:
- Places where the roof deck is sagging.
- Signs of water damage or leaking.
- Dark spots and trails.
- Outside light showing through the roof.
- Rusty nails.
- Stains on ceiling or walls.
When you take a look at the exterior of the roof, pay attention for the following:
- Visually inspect your roof for cracked, torn, bald, missing, or damaged shingles.
- Additionally, inspect for curling, blistering, or buckling shingles
- Scan the roof for loose material or wear around chimneys, vents, pipes or other penetrations.
- Watch out for an excessive amount of shingle granules (they look like large grains of sand) in the gutters — this is a sign of advanced wear.
- Check for signs of moisture, rot or mold. Note that wet spots may not be directly under your faulty shingle; water can travel down to its lowest spot before it drips. Mold, fungi and bacteria can grow quickly — within 24 to 48 hours of a water-related problem.
- Check for mold, mildew or algae growth (which occurs most often in humid climates and appears as dark or greenish stains).
If you have noticed any of the signs on the interior or exterior inspection mentioned above, your roof could be failing. Have one of The Home Doctors roofing specialists out to give you a FREE roof inspection.
Start now — before you have no choice!
Don’t wait until water is unexpectedly pouring into your home by way of a leaky roof. Start protecting your home by using some simple observation skills.
Most people list “Having a roof over my head” as one of life’s essentials — and there’s a reason for that. It’s not just a matter of practicality or aesthetics (though both of those play a part). Your roof is what keeps you and your family safe from the sun, snow, lightning, and rain.
So cozy up with the knowledge that once your roof is in tip-top shape, it will stay that way for years to come. Keep your home in good health, with The Home Doctor.
The Benefits of a New Roof Replacement:
- Property Value: A new roof makes your home much easier to sell. It also has a high ROI.
- Return on Investment (ROI): With an average ROI of 67%, new roofs are one of the best home improvement projects around.
- Curb Appeal: As much as 40 percent of your home’s curb appeal is directly linked to your roof.
- Energy Efficiency: Chances are that your old roof is letting cool/warm air escape your home, meaning your HVAC system needs to work harder to achieve your desired indoor temperature.
- Cost Effective: A new roof allows your HVAC system to work more efficiently, saving you money on your monthly energy bills.
- Health: New roofs help to prevent health hazards, like mold and mildew, keeping your family safe.
- Safety: The longer you wait to replace that old, dilapidated roof, the more you are putting your family in danger. An old roof in some cases may collapse or cause part of the home to become unstable.
At The Home Doctor we only build partnerships with companies that stand behind their products.We have a package for everyone’s budget. We prefer our Performance Package, but we have an unlimited amount of options to meet your specific needs. We have Architectural, Flat, and Designer shingles with unsurpassed accessories. All of our products have been thoroughly tested by a 3rd party for performance and quality assurance.
The Home Doctor
prefers an advanced protection to your most valuable investment. The Performance Package gives you the dependability that only a GAF roof can offer, which has made our shingles the
#1 brand in North America!
- Inventors of the Timberline® Advanced Protection™ shingle — the #1-selling shingle in North America.
- Rated #1 in shingle quality by contractors.
- Named #1 in innovation for shingles and ridge ventilation.
- Named most-recommended brand by upscale re-modelers.
- Longer, truer color achieved through Color Lock™ ceramic firing process.
- DuraGrip® Adhesive ensures each shingle is tightly sealed and reduces the risk of shingle blow-off.
- UV Blocker improves the durability and extends the life of the shingle.
- Class A fire rating from Underwriters Laboratories (highest rating possible).
- Patented “High Definition” color blends and enhanced shadow effect for a genuine wood-shake look.
- Diamond cut granules design and light-reflective construction add dimension and depth to the shingle.
Solutions Made Simple By The Home Doctor:
Getting a new **ROOF replacement** shouldn’t be a grueling and frustrating process. So The Home Doctor has made it easy!
The Home Doctor makes solutions simple to ensure that you’re always making the right decision.
- Our Weather Stopper® Roofing System includes everything you need to provide reliable, water-tight protection for your home.
- Our factory-certified contractors eliminate the risk that your roof is not installed properly.
- Our industry-leading warranties—backed by North America’s largest roofing manufacturer—will provide you with the peace of mind you deserve.
- Our start to finish customer service assures that the project is done to perfection, and there are no communication issues.
- Our post inspection approval gives you the ease of mind that the roof was installed to specific guidelines.