Attic Insulation Installed properly can greatly increase the energy efficiency and comfort of a home.
Properly insulated homes can use 30% to 50% less energy than homes that do not have the proper insulation. Lining your home with a “thermal envelope” of insulation that doesn’t readily allow heat to leak, or seep into, your attic, walls, ceilings and floors saves energy by keeping your home warmer in the winter, and cooler in the summer. You will notice that attic insulation technology is now quite advanced because of our concern for reducing energy and saving the environment. Insulating components receive an R-value, and this value is used to determine the amount of insulation. Next to proper air sealing, attic insulation is arguably the most important feature that contributes to your comfort and your home’s overall energy efficiency. Without proper insulation, your home needs larger, more expensive heating and cooling devices to keep you comfortable and those devices need to work harder, consuming more electricity, gas, or oil and costing you money. Think of attic insulation as the blanket for your home.
How to inspect to know if your home is under insulated:
- Ice dammings
- Drafty rooms
- High energy bills
- Lots of cobwebs in upper corners
- Drafty walls
- Extra cold flooring
- Rooms above garages
- Areas above crawl spaces
If you have noticed any of the signs on the insulation inspection mentioned above, your home could be under insulated. Have one of The Home Doctors INSULATION specialists out to give you a FREE insulation inspection.
When you re-insulate not only will you save money on utility bills – you will also save on the cost of original and replacement equipment (since you will need smaller capacity systems) and maintenance.
Insulation does such a good job protecting your home from the weather that your heating and cooling system will run less, last longer, require less maintenance, and can even be downsized.
Help reduce greenhouse gas emissions by reducing gas or electric heating and air conditioning use.
The amount of insulation you need depends mainly on climate, type of heating you use, and the area the house is located.
Areas to Insulate:
- Attic Insulation
- Cathedral Ceiling
- Crawl Space
- Recessed lights
- Duct work
At The Home Doctor we only build partnerships with companies that stand behind their products. We have a package for everyone’s budget. We prefer our Performance Package, but we have an unlimited amount of options to meet your specific needs. We have blown in, bat, foiled faced, and spray foam. All of our products have been thoroughly tested by a 3rd party for performance and quality assurance.
Benefits of new insulation:
- Return on Investment (ROI): With an average ROI of 67%, new insulation is one of the best home improvement projects available.
- Energy Efficiency: Chances are that your current insulation is letting cool/warm air escape your home, meaning your HVAC system needs to work harder to achieve your desired indoor temperature.
- Cost Effective: New Insulation allows your HVAC system to work more efficiently, saving you money on your monthly energy bills.
- Noise Reduction: Insulation helps create an extra barrier between your home and the elements of the exterior.
- Home Comfort: Insulation will keep your home at a comfortable temperature. Best of all, this temperature will stay consistent, since the air in your home will be unable to escape through your attic or walls.
- Tax Deduction: If you install new Attic Insulation in your home, you may qualify for a federal tax credit. This could reduce your net cost of purchasing Attic Insulation. Consult your tax professional for more information on this tax deduction.
- Extends the life of your HVAC: Installing insulation will allow you to run your HVAC system less often, resulting in a drop in your utility bills. Poor insulation lets energy escape and causes your HVAC unit to work overtime. If your HVAC system is consistently working harder, this stress will render the unit ineffective over time.
Why our insulation?
- Class A Fire Rating
- No Formaldehyde Added
- Pure Glass Fibers
- Pest Resistant
- No Bonding Agents
- GO GREEN!
Solutions made simple by The Home Doctor:
Getting new **INSULATION** shouldn’t be a grueling and frustrating process. So The Home Doctor has made it easy!
- Our tailor fit insulation package includes everything you need to provide reliable air & water-tight protection for your home.
- Our factory-certified installers eliminate the risk that your insulation is not installed properly.
- Our industry-leading warranties will provide you with the peace of mind you deserve.
- Our start to finish customer service assures that the project is done to perfection, and there are no communication issues.
- Our post inspection approval gives you the ease of mind that the project was installed to specific guidelines.
The Home Doctor makes solutions simple to ensure that you’re always making the right decision.